Hunting for Today
better way to find a job that you like
- If you are normal, you are feeling the stress of todays economy.
If you have a job you may be wondering how much longer you will
have it. Perhaps you have been one of the hundreds of thousands
of people that have been laid off or fired and are looking for
work. It does not really matter which group you fall in, the
fact is you need to find work.
I, to am in that situation and have quickly found out not only
the times have changed, so have the methods of finding work.
It used to be a popular method.
- * You would write a cover letter,
- * use key words in your cover
- * fill out a resume and
- * grab the newspaper and set
out to find a job.
- * Keep business cards,
- * and hope to get the interview.
- Or maybe you went onto the many enormous job placement websites
and filled out an online resume and sent it to many companies
looking to fill a job.
Well, I found out as you may have, that these methods rarely
First of all, I'd like to confess I am not a career councelor.
I am not a writter. I have been in my chosen profession for over
23 years. I have been with my current employer for over 3 years
and with the parent company for over 22 years. I, much like you,
want to be prepared for the future.
I have enlisted the assistance of a career councelor. I will
include you in on my journey.
- While keeping my specifics personal, I can give you generalities
of what the councelor instructs me.
- * I will include any books
that he recommends,
- * links to any articles he
refers me to and
- * any tests that he recomends.
- I also can and will share any emotions that I feel and what
I do about them and I will also share, in generalities, any job
interviews that take place.
I hope this series of articles will help you find not just a
job, but a career that you can be a part of for years.
Look for the next instalment within a week.
- God bless
- Job Hunting: part