Chapter 8. Configuring Your GNOME Desktop|
Copyright and Legal Notice
8.4. File Management Preferences
Use the File Management Preferences dialog to customize the file manager to suit your requirements and preferences.
To display the File Management Preferences dialog, choose Edit->Preferences. You can also access this dialog directly from the top panel Menubar by choosing Desktop->Preferences->File Management.
You can set preferences in the following categories:
• The default settings for views.
• The behavior of files and folders, executable text files, and Trash.
• The information that is displayed in icon captions and the date format.
• The columns that appear in the list view and their order.
• Preview options to improve the performance of the file manager.